Thursday, September 5, 2013

So...I Got Light-Headed

Yesterday Morning.

Was it my hormones?  My "monthly visitor" is in town this week ... but that's not a normal side effect for me so I ruled that out fairly quickly.

Being the great "googler" that I am - I googled "Vegan and light headed" which led me to an awesome site "Veggie Boards".  After checking out the message boards and doing some quick calculations I discovered that I am eating about 900 calories per day! [insert fore head slap here].

Veggies and fruits are less calorie dense!  I need to eat more! Duh!

I guess for the last 4 weeks or so my body has been using the excess weight for fuel and finally ran out? [hey, I am not a doctor nor do I play one on TV ;)]

Fortunately, I had taken more food with me to work [premonition?].  I broke into the trail mix early and felt better soon after.

Another thought is my sodium levels - since I am not eating sodium laden packaged food I am not sure I am getting enough sodium* - I have been adding salt to my food for seasoning - but yesterday I did up my intake of coconut water - it's a natural electrolyte.

*sodium in your body is a delicate balance - the body does a pretty good job of this on it's own but needs a slight assist every now and then.

In other news - I really enjoyed flipping through my new Vegan cookbooks 

Some of the recipes are a bit intense - meaning a long ingredient list.

They are not as much overwhelming as I am just lazy.

For the time being I am sticking with keeping it simple as possible.

and sticking to my simple soup recipes 

which are really just tossing veggies into a pot of beans :)

Peace!

~K

3 comments: