Sunday, September 8, 2013

Lavash Crackers - a recipe-ish

One of the items I picked up on Friday's grocery trip was a package of California Lavash flatbread.



As I was reading the back of the label, the ingredient list for the magical word VEGAN I noticed it said you could "cut into squares, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs and bake into cracker"

I like crackers!

Yesterday afternoon I made myself a little snack - even Scott had a couple.

Recipe:

  • California Lavash 
  • Garlic Gold - this stuff is amazing - it's dried organic garlic and sea salt - click on the link for more info
  • Nutritional Yeast
  • Pepper
  • Sea Salt
  • EV Olive Oil

Bake for 6-10 min at 325 - but watch them you don't want to cook them too long 

The batch in the photo could have gone a few minutes longer



The Yellow flaky stuff - that's Nutritional Yeast

The Verdict:

Pretty Tasty!  I would leave them in the oven for just a tad bit longer to brown up a touch more but they were pretty good.

The Nutritional Yeast gave them "zingy" flavor , a bit nutty, a bit cheesy.

Have a great Sunday!

Peace!

~Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment